Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Wedding Day of Mine

i  was on facebook few minutes ago, 

then i saw the wedding pictures of my friend. 

Those pictures were beautiful, happy faces were everywherein the photos, gorgeous bride and groom, all family and friends gathered in joyful. the "fun theme" embedded all over the place. 

Then, few pictures paralyzed me -seriously-

the pics which showed a group of foreign people, who were her host family from Europe, attended the wedding. 

Again,, it was actually pretty normal. They are her Europe's parents and siblings. Even tough they are not her natural family, THEY ARE her family. 


so what's the biggie? 

It's a big deal for me because i remember my Mum's words back in 2006. It was few nights away before me leaving Aussie. At the farewell dinner, just before the dessert came, she said

"Nhira when you marry, your husband will give you a ring as a symbol that you are his. Now we give you this (ring), so it means you are part of our family" (Mum Glenda, 8th of July 2006)

Later on that night she said 

"we expect you to invite us on your wedding".  

Such a rhetorical question!! i thought. 

But it didn't elude me to say "OF COURSE I WILL" out loud. As an answer, she hugged me. TIGHT. 

In my mind, i thought 

"all right, this is a promise. unbreakable one. I want all of my aussie family to fly to Samarinda for my wedding and be there, beside me on my wedding day". 

It was a promise made about 5 years ago. 

 Today, i realize that it wont happen. 

I mean, not all of my aussie family will come. 1 thing for sure, Rob won't come. 

Rob (my host dad) passed away 3 years ago, which means he wont be able to stand beside me on my wedding day. 

No silly joke of him, No pops whingeing of him, No famous ridicule smiley face of him. But importantly, No tight hug of him. 

A kind of hug that make you feel like he's transferring all of his energy to you. 

A kind of hug that make you sniff the smell of his body deeply. 

A kind of hug that make your body move as his body moves slowly

Well, this kind of thought occurred to me years ago, even right after i got the news of his death.  

But tonight, those photos made my back rest tiredly. I couldn't help myself, i let the feeling of envy inside me arose.

 So?

I pray to Allah to make the rest of the promise stands, until my wedding day. 

i want the rest of  my aussie family i have and also all of my indonesian family to be there, stand beside me, on my wedding day.

It's simple, isn't it Allah? 

Please... 

I hope You are gonna answer "Yes".  

Taken from: amazingbaloons.co.uk

 

4 comments:

  1. aku nangis bacanya :((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nhira...so touching..hiks.... Aku mengerti perasaanmu...and I did really want my host family to be there for us... but unfortunately they can't.... yang mereka lakukan adalah sent us weddig gift dengan note: A WEDDING GIFT FROM YOUR AMERICAN FAMILY, which is the netbook I am using now to type this comment... sob... I miss them so much...hope your hostfam will be able to attend your most importamt day ya nhira.. :) amin...

    anyway: CONGRATULATIONS on your new look!!!! You look sooooo cute!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your veil honey!!!! miss you so aunty nhira.. - TARA & baby -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tika:: Thanks yah udah membaca :)

    Tara:: Aaaahh Tara,, terbukti yah kalau 1 tahun hidup bersama mereka sangat cukup untuk membangun chemistry antar kita. we left a part of our heart with them. Amin,,Amin,, mudah-mudahan Allah mengabulkan doaku :)

    Hehehe,,kita blom sempat ketemuan yah say, makanya kamu belum liat aku dengan "gaya" baru :)). adek bayi, sehat yah sama bunda Tara. nanti kita ketemu deh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. surely nhiraaaaaaaaaaa... I miss you so much already!!! visit us here ya dear.. InsyaAllah lahirannya nanti pertengahan-akhir juli :D be there!!!

    ReplyDelete