Wednesday 19 May 2010

Mum's twins

TWINS? 


do you believe that all of us really have Twins who lived in the other part of country (or even in the other part of the world)?

Well, i DO believe it now!!


Suppose you all know that i have 2 mums, Mama and Mum. 
i love her both, but this time i'd talk about Mum, Glenda Hiscox. 


FYI i don't mean to disgrace Mama by saying this, because she always have her very private special space in my heart. 


anyway, last time i met my mum was in July 2007 when she visited me and my family in Samarinda. 
and since, all communication is done through email and YM. 


one day, i got an offer from my friend to be one of the translator for the international  early childhood education seminar. 
i said YES and started working on my job desc. 


On the D-day, after i did my very last checking on my translation, i saw this lady with her formal dress stood about 100 meters from me. i couldn't do anything but stood there in silence and my lips whispered 
Mum...


i shook my head and accommodated my eyes fully to have a better view. 
God, she looked and dresses like my mum


Geez, how on earth this could happen? 


In short, everytime she was around me, i couldn't take my eyes of her (her name is Siobhan Fitzpatrick anyway and she's from Ireland). i became such an exaggerating girl by informing this to all of my friends and family EVEN i texted my mum. my mum was just laughing and didn't really believe me. 

On the second day of seminar, i wasn't on duty, but i was there to make sure everything was fine. so i sat next to Yusti and did the presentation clicking :). she was in the same room as well, so i could see everything she did. 

Based on my observation, i could assure you that all her action were pretty much the same as Mum's. the way she bit her nails, her expression when she laughed, her way when she touched her neck and nodded, the way she talked to others and lowered her head to see other's face clearer and etc. 


Aaaah,,, it was sooo silly but i almost couldn't hold my tears up. 


have you ever experienced this kinda thing? 
When you miss someone so much and all of the sudden you met someone who looked EXACTLY like her, what would you do?  


have you ever felt like you wanna hug her, felt her warmth but you couldn't? 
simply just because SHE is not someone you are missing...


How Ironic!! That's all i could say. 


so, i told myself to workin on something so that i could get closer to her and told her about this thing and took a photo with her. 


this opportunity finally came when Pak Adi announced that we would have a committees and speaker photograph. 
i made my way to the front then searched for Siobhan and stood RIGHT next to her :)


You know, my lips couldn't do anything but SMILED...
i believe my face was FULLY BRIGHT and totally COVERED with smile.
after the photo session, i finally told her about this "issue" and i showed her my Mum's picture and she couldn't even believe her eyes either :))


now i believe that we do have "twins" and those are spread all over the world. i found mine in australia through you. 

hehehe,,, just hang on a sec Mum, i'll send my photo with your "twins"SOON 


it's a sneak peek though 
 Left-Right: My Mum (Glenda Hiscox) - Siobhan Fitzpatrick

do you think they look alike?



7 comments:

  1. subhanallah --" kemiripan yang tidak disengaja :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rizky Rahmayani20 May 2010 at 18:39

    Aq jg ada, twinsx Lance Bass & Dustin Milligan (90210)... Tp pasti dr keduax ada 1 atau 2 hal yg ga sama... Slmat kangen2an a'! Btw dr ireland d bagian apa a'? Sligo? Dublin? Ingat ma westlife neh, ckckck... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh,,mirip kan??
    ntar aku kasih liat foto aku berdua sama siobhan yaaah..
    dan bandingin foto aku sama Mum..

    dia dari Belfast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Belfast...
    anyway, could you put a text below the picture, which one is yor mum, and one is the Irish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. senyuuum senyuuum baca tulisanmu ini,,
    apalagi baca yang pas kamu bisa foto ma dia,,
    keingetan cengar cengirnya kak domb waktu cerita langsung,,
    bener2 tu gigi keliatan terus saking girangnya,,hihihi
    mana fotomu yang pas ma siobhan??
    kok ga ada???

    ReplyDelete
  6. blom ni dek mbing,,,
    masih sama panitia dokumentasinya...

    nggak sempet diurus-urus e

    ReplyDelete