Sunday 17 January 2010

My silent witnesses

Surely, there are people and things that follow the whole or maybe only part of  your life journey
it's such a huge lie if  i say that that statement of mine is wrong.
i do have people who watch me grow, see the activities of mine and also be there when i feel like i wanna balance my own life.


the thing i want to share now is about THINGS that follow my life journey.
all right, maybe it's kinda silly, but i wanna make a confession that not anyone knows.
i have such a huge bonding -if you don't call it weird- towards my bedrooms
i don't know why it happens, but it just happens.
every time i'm away from home, the thing i miss first is my bedroom.


i miss lying myself on my comfy bed. FYI my bed isn't a feather bed yet air bed. it's just an ordinary sponge bed.


i miss cuddling my pillows
sneak into my blanket when the fan made the room so freezing
and beyond that, i miss my personal thought and talking when i'm alone, right to the place where i feel really comfortable.


if you ask me, where's my comfort zone?
i'd all of the sudden answer "MY BEDROOM"


since i was born until now, i have 7 bedrooms.
quiet a few surely,,
but each bedrooms has their own personal story.


my first one was my baby till i 8 years old.
this room was on my grandma's house. i had lots n lots wicked story about this bedroom.
i used to sleep here with my parents and may parents and also my little sister.
what story in my kiddies time do you want to know?
1 of the happy story was when i finally have my own bed...
such a cute bed though, 2 layers bed with all pinkish bedsheet.
 and Ooohh...when i was little, i used to ask my mum and dad to make the milk. i always have the "boss feeling" after i decide who should make my milk tonight. hahaha
sad story?? surely when my mum got angry with me :)
i also remember when there was a thief who tried to steal from this bedroom.
he tried to steal at midnite, luckily my dad hadn't slept yet. so it was quiet easy for him to know when there was something wrong going on.


if i have the chance to have myself riding the time machine, i'd love to be back on this "bedroom" time.
pure and innocent bedroom for someone like me.




second bedroom,,
i got this bedroom when my family finally move to a new house.
actually i didn't live in this house quiet long, i bet it's only 3 or 4 years.
but that didn't mean i never have wicked experience in that bedroom of mine..
it's my bedroom of my OWN. i own this room for myself..



i remember when i slept late only to make summary for my interschool competition, when i made my own calendar and also when i was sick and grumbeling random things..
then finally i was moving in to my grandma's again,,
because my grand dad died and my grandma needed more company in her big house. 
then it lead me to my 


third bedroom..
i stayed at this room since i was on 6th grade till my 11st grade. 
this is where i spent my teen's life..
lots of stormy days, fear, hopes, everything!!
this room is a place where i started to read before i sleep and this habit grow,,until now. 
this room is also place where i spent my days n night to prepare for my exchange year. 
all expectation, fear, all gather in one..
then finally i move to my 


fourth bedroom
this bedroom is located miles away from my hometown, Samarinda..
this cute bedroom is in Albany, Western Australia.
my bedroom for about 11 months. 

if this room could talk, then you might hear this room tell you about the joy when i experienced something new and challenging, it will tell you about the nights that i spent only for crying because of my homesick, the nights that i spent while i was so in love with the novels and wrote my diaries, tried to put everything which happen on that day into words, days when this room was extremely messy, when it's loaded with stuff that i wanted to fit in my suitcase. my activities when i tried to make a book for my host fam, my smile when i finally see my sun flower grew directly to my bedroom window, sneaked into the blanket when winter came, my look when finally morning came then i have to made myself out of the bed. 
 
 



especially, this room wouldnt forget to tell you about my bitter sweet feeling when i finally made my way to Albany an also my last night in this beautiful bedroom before i headed back to my hometown then finally met my new bedroom.


my fifth bedroom..
it's in my grandma's, basically i'm back to my first bedroom
but now, this bedroom is now on its fresh look. 
quiet different to my old one. 
this is my room where i planned my future, where i imagined all of my dreams, studied (not too) hard for my final exam, sometimes also felt the emptiness, questioned myself, tried to figure everything out...



oohh,,life goes on. then i moved to Yogyakarta for a better future. 
this is where i found my 


sixth bedroom 
it's a quiet small room actually, especially if you compare it to my fifth.
apart of that fact, i love this bedroom. 
this is a place where i stepped my new life in yogyakarta. 
this is a place where i watched lots n lots films, reality show etc and then i smiled, laughed out loud and also cried. 



this is a place where i and my uni mates gathered to do assignments, gossiping, talked heart to heart, even made the birthday presents. 
a place where i hung few inspiring words, pray, vision board, pictures, birthday greetings and presents..
this is also a place where i questioned myself (again), when i felt desperate, confuse, afraid, anxious..
but,,this is also a place where i made few decisions upon my consideration to be success and finally achieve my dreams..
i stayed at this room for about 2 years then i chose to move to...


my seventh bedroom..
this is a place where i'm sitting and writing this post. 
i just moved into this bedroom yesterday. 
such a tiring day, i assure you. 
day full of sneezing and now i'm having a bit of fever. 
still a lot more days to come. 
the days wont be as smooth as i want it to be, but i believe i can pass those days very well. 






i know it's kinda silly to write such a long post only to tell you about my bedrooms. 
i always believe that i have such a strong bond towards my bedroom..
i don't know why, but one thing i know is


my bedroom is my comfort zone, where i can do everything i want. without no one else has to say NO

and, it's not only ordinary bedroom


my bedrooms are my silent witnesses.

those bedrooms know me perfectly, it'd reveal the deepest side of Nhira that no one would knows.

2 comments:

  1. weits,,jauh lah..
    bagus an kamirnya si artalitong itu..hehehe
    kamarku nggak ada AC, kulkas, dll

    ReplyDelete